Effective Date: December 27, 2017
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your or your child’s use of our Services. We may combine all of the information we collect about you from these various sources.
- Information We Collect Directly from Parents. We may collect certain information directly from parents. For example, to create an account we will collect a parent’s name, email address, password, and zip code; to facilitate payments for our Services and to a parent’s or a relative’s child through our Services we will collect bank account, or other similar financial information, and address. We will also collect any information that a parent voluntarily provides to us, such as gender, date of birth, cell phone number, responses to surveys or questionnaires, or requests or inquiries submitted through our Services.
- Information We Collect from Third Parties. We may also collect information about you from third parties. For example, parents provide us with information about children, including the child’s username, password, age and/or date of birth, and gender. Similarly, if a relative wants to be a financial contributor to a child, the parent will also provide us with that relative’s username, password, and bank account or financial information.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about all users’ use of our Site or App through cookies and other technologies, including without limitation:
- Log Information, such as domain name; browser type; device identifier; operating system type; device name and model; pages or screens viewed; links clicked; Internet protocol (“IP”) address; when and the length of time a user visits or uses our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led a user to our Site or App. Please see our Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms section below for more information.
- Transaction and Payment History, such as the types of chores assigned and completed, payments for completed chores, how allowance payments are spent, and other information related to transactions, payments, donations, and purchases through our Site and App.
We may combine automatically collected information with other information, including personal information, that we collect about you.
- Information We Collect about Children under 13. As noted above, parents provide us with information about their children, including a child’s username, password, age and/or date of birth, and gender. From children directly, we will collect information about a child’s activities within our Site or App in such a way that we are able to associate a child’s activities with his/her username or other identifier. Prior to doing so, we obtain verifiable parental consent pursuant to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- Providing and Improving Our Services. To provide and maintain our Services; to improve our Services; to develop new features or services; to authenticate users; to facilitate payments and communications; to perform technical operations, such as updating software; and for other customer service and support purposes.
- Tailoring Content.To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services.
Marketing and Communications. To communicate with you about your account and use of our Services; to respond to your inquiries; to provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and other information we think may interest you; and for other informational, marketing, or promotional purposes. We may communicate with you via email, push notification, and text message (SMS).
Please note that we will not knowingly send marketing communications to children under 13. Please further note that our Services may include sponsored content (e.g., a chore to clean the bathroom may be sponsored by a cleaning products company) but these sponsorships will not be based on behavioral targeting.
- Research and Analytics. To analyze how you interact with our Services; to monitor and analyze individual and collective usage trends; and for other research, analytical, and statistical purposes.
- Legal Compliance. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose information, including personal information, with the following entities:
- Other BusyKid Users. We may disclose information to other BusyKid users as necessary for our Services to work. For example, we will disclose information about relatives with a BusyKid primary account-holder. Please note that children are not enabled to make their personal information publicly available.
- Service Providers. We may disclose information to our vendors, service providers, agents, or others who perform functions on our behalf and for the purpose of providing services to you. For example, if you elect to put money your child has earned on a gift card, we could share your child’s name with the payment card company that provides the gift cards.
We may disclose information, including personal information, in the following ways:
- Business Transfers. We may disclose information to another entity in connection with, including during negotiations of, an acquisition or merger, sale or transfer of a business unit or assets, bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer.
- Legal Compliance. We may disclose information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request from law enforcement or a government official.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users for research, compliance, marketing, advertising, or other purposes.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING MECHANISMS
Clear GIFs, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are embedded invisibly on web pages. We or our service providers may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to track the activities of visitors to our Site, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of our Site. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our users, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. For more information about Do Not Track signals, please click here.
We have taken steps to help protect the personal information we collect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your device login information private.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to parents. Parents may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process opt-out requests. If a parent opts out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest him/her, we may still send that parent emails about his/her account or any Services the parent has requested or received from us.
Under COPPA, parents have a right to review the information we have collected about their child, to delete it, and to tell us to no longer use their child’s personal information. Parents can review most of the information we collect about their child by logging in to their account, reviewing their account information, and updating the personal information we maintain about their child – or they can email us at email@example.com to request such updates. If a parent does not want us to collect and use their child’s personal information anymore, then s/he may cancel his/her child’s account and use of the Services.
Please note that copies of information that parents update, modify, or delete may remain viewable in cached and archived pages for a period of time.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services, please contact us at:
3200 N. Hayden Rd #310
Scottsdale AZ 85251